samedi 16 janvier 2016

Simple present or Present continuous exercise

 http://www.grammarbank.com/verb-tenses-practice.html
 Put the verbs in the correct forms, present continuous or present simple.

1. Let's go out. It (not/rain) now.

2. Julia is very good at languages. She (speak) four languages

very well.

3. Hurry up! Everybody (wait) for you.

4. (you/listen) to the radio?

No, you can turn it off.

5. (you/listen) to the radio every day?

No, just occasionally.

6. The River Nile (flow) into the Mediterranean.

7. Look at the river. It (flow) very fast today - much faster

than usual.

8-9. We usually (grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we

(not/grow) any.

10. How is your English?

Not bad. It (improve) slowly.

11-12. Ron is in London at the moment. He (stay) at the Park

Hotel. He (always/stay) there when he's in London.

13. Can we stop walking soon? I (start) to feel tired.

14-15. Can you drive?

I (learn). My father (teach) me.

16-17. Normally I (finish) work at 5.00, but this week I

(work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.

18-19. My parents (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have

never lived anywhere else. Where (your parents/live)?

20-21. Sonia (look) for a place to live. She (stay)

with her sister until she finds somewhere.

Use the verbs in the box in either Simple present or Present continuous tense.


enjoylaughtalkgetlook
makespendhatetendwear


1. When children become teenagers, they ---- more time with their friends.
2. Rick admires those girls who ---- red dresses.
3. I agree that Jane is a good person to be with, but she ---- to be aggressive now and again.
4. Mary ---- going to parties and she herself often gives one as well.
5. The kids ---- along well with each other now, but they may start to quarrel anytime.

6. Susan ---- waiting, so don't keep her waiting no matter what the reason is.
7. What I really like about Mellisa is that she ---- amazing cakes.
8. Tracy has just been to the hairdresser's, but her hair ---- as if it hasn't been done.
9. I don't know what or who she ---- at. I don't think there is anything funny.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire