samedi 16 janvier 2016

simple past exercise

http://www.grammarbank.com/verb-tenses-practice.html

A. Complete the sentences, put the verb into the correct form, positive or negative. (simple past tense)


1. It was warm, so I off my coat. (take)

2. The film wasn't very good. I it very much. (enjoy)

3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I her. (disturb)

4. I was very tired, so I to bed early. (go)

5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I very well. (sleep)

6. Sue wasn't hungry, so she anything. (eat)

7. We went to Kate's house but she at home. (be)

8. It was a funny situation but nobody (laugh)

9. The window was open and a bird into the room. (fly)

10. The hotel wasn't very expensive. It very much. (cost)

11. I was in a hurry, so I time to phone you. (have)

12. It was hard work carrying the bags. They very heavy. (be)
correction
1. It was warm, so I took off my coat. (take)

2. The film wasn't very good. I didn't enjoy it very much. (enjoy)

3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I didn't disturb her. (disturb)

4. I was very tired, so I went to bed early. (go)

5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I didn't sleep very well. (sleep)

6. Sue wasn't hungry, so she didn't eat anything. (eat)

7. We went to Kate's house but she wasn't at home. (be)

8. It was a funny situation but nobody laughed (laugh)

9. The window was open and a bird flew into the room. (fly)

10. The hotel wasn't very expensive. It didn't cost very much. (cost)

11. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to phone you. (have)

12. It was hard work carrying the bags. They were very heavy. (be)

 A. Complete the sentences in simple past tense.

1. I my teeth. (brush)

2. Tom tennis with his friends. (play)

3. They for their exam. (study)

4. Susan to me quietly. (talk)

5. Thomas me with my homework. (help)

6. Daniel his car. (wash)

7. The baby a lot. (cry)

8. The man so fast. (walk)

9. The mechanic the car. (fix)

10. My mother the flowers. (water)

11. The policeman the bus. (stop)

12. Alicia her bag. (carry)

13. She the door. (open)

14. Sonia the train. (miss)

15. I my teacher. (like)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire